Fax over internet, FoIP, had formerly been unable to achieve a transmission success rate of more than 85%. FaxBetter has redesigned the network infrastructure of the internet to enable internet faxing at an unprecedented 99.6% transmission success. This success rate is not just theoretical, we have proved it by serving over 20 million faxes through over 20,000 DIDs across over 15,000 different rate centers around the country.
If you are not receiving your faxes and are not already a FaxBetter user, we are the only truly free online fax. No credit card required. Instant Signup. Click here to get your free toll-free fax number now.
If you are a FaxBetter user and are having difficulty receiving your faxes it is probably something other than the actual transmission. Try the following checks:
- Make sure that your fax number has not changed.
- Check to see if your correct fax number is still displayed in the upper right-hand corner. If it is not, your number may have expired before you upgraded to FaxBetter Premium. To get a new number, simply click on the “My Faxes” tab and then the “Activate New Number” link in the upper right-hand corner. You will be assigned a new number that will be available for use within 24 hours. If you want to keep your old number, go to “Keep my old number” from the pull-down menu above.
- Try sending a fax to yourself.
- Click here to send a test fax to yourself. This is not a “shortcut” as this process takes the same route as a fax from outside FaxBetter. If this fax is received correctly, the problem is with either the sending fax machine or phone line. Continue with the next major bullet point below to resolve the problem.
- If you received an email with an error message, please click “Contact Support” (to the right) and forward us the error message.
- If you have not received an email either confirming the delivery of the fax or informing you that there was a problem sending it, wait for this response. If you do not receive a response in 15 minutes, please click “Contact Support” (to the right) and inform us of the problem.
- Make sure the sender is dialing correctly.
- A “1” is required when dialing your fax number from a landline as opposed to a cell phone where a “1” is not required. Since most fax machines are connected to a landline, make sure the person sending the fax dials a “1” before your fax number.
- Be sure that the number from which you are sending does not need any special dialing codes. The best way to check is to try sending a fax to your cell phone. If your cell phone does not ring, there is a problem with either the way you are dialing or the line you are attempting to use.
- Check to make sure the sending phone line is configured to send faxes.
- Make sure you are sending your fax from a non-Voice Over Internet Protocol, VOIP, line. VOIP lines include Vonage, CallVantage, etc. Our tests with VOIP lines concluded that more than 50% of faxes sent to any fax line with a VOIP fax line encountered errors and were not sent.
- Check to make sure your fax line is sending a fax tone.
- From your cell phone try calling your fax line. You should hear a dial tone (we pick up in 1-5 rings) followed by series of beeps (you should recognize what a fax sounds like).
- If the line is not answered (it continues to ring as if the fax machine is off or no one is picking up), please click "Contact Support" (to the right) and let us know that "My fax line is RNA" (Ring No Answer)"
- If the line is busy, please click "Contact Support" (to the right) and let us know that "My fax line is busy". We have configured FaxBetter so that senders NEVER encounter a busy signal. If you encounter one, there is a problem with your line that needs to be corrected.
- If you are seeing your received faxes when you log in but are not getting email fax confirmations, click here for additional instructions.